Thermal Charge® EG is an inhibited ethylene glycol-based heat transfer fluid widely used for process heating and cooling applications, for freeze and burst protection of pipes, and for various ice-making, deicing, defrosting, and dehumidifying applications. This product is not intended for use in vehicle or stationary engine applications.
Features & Benefits:
- Excellent low temperature performance: At a 50/50% by volume mix, provides freeze protection to -37 °F (-38 °C), burst protection to -60 °F (-51 °C) and excellent low temperature pumpability
- Exceptional resistance to fouling and corrosion: Formulated to control degradation, while providing corrosion protection and pH stability
- Superior corrosion protection: Utilizes an advanced inhibitor technology that passivates metal surfaces to prevent corrosion. Meets ASTM D3306 performance requirements for the D1384 corrosion test, demonstrating excellent protection to all cooling system metals. Dilutions below 65% volume meet ASTM D8039 requirements for use in heat transfer applications and HVAC systems
- Nonflammable: Because the flash and fire points of ethylene glycol are above the boiling point of water, glycols present little fire hazard in storage or handling when mixed with water of 20% concentrations or greater
- Leak detection: Dyed fluorescent pink color to aid in leak detection